YMCA SCHOOL AGE CHILD CARE (SACC)
As the largest provider of before and after school programs in Stephenson County, your YMCA provides family-centered, values-based programs to nurture children’s healthy development
OUR PROMISE TO FAMILIES:
- Specially trained adult supervisors
- Ongoing training required
- Background checked and drug tested
- CPR trained and certified
- There is one staff member for every 12-15 children with a minimum of two staff at each location.
- Arts and crafts
- Service Learning and character development
- Science and technology
- Health and fitness
- Homework tutoring
On-site before and after school child care is available mornings from 6:30 a.m. and after school until 6:00 p.m. at Empire, Center, Jones-Farrar and Taylor Park elementary schools. Blackhawk School child care is provided at Center School with bus transportation provided by FSD transportation. Lincoln-Douglas Elementary child care is offered at Empire Elementary with bus transporation provided by FSD transportation. Carl Sandburg/FMS child care is provided at the YMCA with bus transporation provided by FSD transportation. You may enroll your child for as few as three days and up to 5 days per week, before and/or after school.
Call the YMCA Early Learning Center at 815-235-2467, or email
Jon Heidenreich at email@example.com., for more information
SACC SITES AVAILABLE:
- All Freeport Public Elementary Schools
- Freeport Middle School @ the YMCA
- Carl Sandburg @ the YMCA
- Eastland Elementary – Shannon, IL
Financial Assistance Statement
The YMCA’s policy is that no person will be turned away because of lack of funds. If you know of anyone who would benefit from a YMCA membership or program, but does not have the needed funds, please contact our professional staff. Financial assistance and scholarships are obtained through a simple and confidential application process.