YMCA T-ball is designed to teach young baseball players the fundamentals of the game. Participants will learn how to catch, throw and bat in a fun team atmosphere. YMCA baseball formats include T-ball, coach-pitch and player-pitch.
Youth Outdoor Soccer
Our YMCA Soccer Program helps kids become not only better soccer players, but better people as well. It’s a progressive program, with multiple age-specific levels. We are committed to teaching sound fundamental skills, fair play, and positive competition.
Youth Indoor Soccer
This is a skills based league designed for both beginners and experienced players to build and grow their skills in the game of soccer. All participants will receive a soccer ball with their registration.
Youth Flag Football
Want to play football without worrying about tackling and all the heavy gear? Then try Flag Football! Even if you’ve never played football before, you can learn like the pros. Boys and girls will enjoy playing in this fun program that promotes fitness and teaches youngsters valuable football lessons about teamwork and fair play. This league is traditional flag football that teaches the basic skills of football; running, receiving, and defending.
At the Y, volleyball allows kids to build confidence in themselves while they learn to bump, set, and serve. We teach players to live a healthy lifestyle by building skills in this lifetime sport. They can meet new friends, build skills, develop interests and try new things in a supportive environment with caring adults. Our programs emphasize values, sportsmanship, friendship and most of all, fun.
Y Basketball Leagues teach kids the basics of the sport while also helping them make new friends, stay active and learn new skills that will help them succeed in life. We’re committed to coaching with a focus on fair play, healthy competition and parent participation.
YMCA Youth Sports Philosophy
2. Fun – We play to have fun!
3. Fitness – Regular exercise is important for a lifetime!
4. Skills – We learn basic fundamentals that help us play the game.
5. Teamwork – We focus on cooperation, not competition!
6. Fair play – We respect all involved, other players, coaches, parents and officials
7. Family Involvement – Youth sports is a family program. Parents and kids learn and practice together.
8. Volunteers – They are the key to a successful program.
9. Character Development – Emphasis on Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.